Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week #3 Update

You know some weeks feel super productive (like a 3-pack-a-day smoker's cough) and some weeks don't. At the end of Week #3 I feel like my lungs are perfectly in tact. But some progress was made and all progress is good.

Jono didn't turn up to squash, so Ramon kindly got me 13 games closer to my target (Bucket List Item #3). 700 should come up some time in February and then it's all down hill from there. In theory.

Apple TV delivered another of the so-called top 20 Comedy Movies of all time (Bucket List Item #7) direct to my lounge room. Video Ezy have this funny "We'd prefer you wear shoes sir, and pants for that matter" policy and neither sit comfortably with me on Saturday night. This week's movie, Shaun of the Dead, is one of few British comedies on the list and re-affirmed for me that British people aren't even remotely funny. Except Hugh Grant who played the aloof, slightly awkward prat in Four Weddings and A Funeral. And Notting Hill. And Music and Lyrics. And Did You Hear About the Morgans, And About a Boy. And Nine Months. Yep, as versatile as Sly Stallone and Steven Seagal in the acting department. I wonder if Liz Hurley enjoyed the monotony? Evidently not as much as Playboy undies. Or texting.

I've hit the 10% mark in Bucket List Item #5 - Try 20 new foods. Chermoula and Chicken Jasmin. I had a hot dog at Dreamworld today. I'm quietly confident that it contained animals I've never eaten before, but I'm not claiming it. It you don't know it's name, it doesn't count. Well that's what Tiger Woods told his ex-wife anyway.

Until next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment