Monday, January 9, 2012

Week #1 Update

Well, one week down and 51 weeks to go. How am I going?

It may surprise people to learn that I am yet to achieve #3 - Take my squash wins beyond 800 - but I did increase the tally to 674-0. I failed to meet Carl Barron (#11), visit Eulo (#8) or pen the IF41 memoirs (#13). But hey, the idea is to challenge myself and it should take me a year to crack all these nuts. I did stare down someone as they completed the Ribs and Rumps Meat Your Match Challenge (#12) and came to realise that this will actually be a feat. 

I am 187 out of 212 pages through a book. A real book - not a Ralph or FHM. A proper book. Adam Gilhrist Walking to Victory in fact. The most eerie part being the foreword written by Andrew Denton - literally the first two sentences of the book... "It is a little known fact that cricket has a higher incidence of suicide amongst its players than any other sport. I once asked the celebrated cricket columnist, Peter Roebuck (himself a former English county captain) why this was so." Eerie because Peter Roebuck in fact committed suicide himself in November. I wonder if he had a bucket list? If so, I wonder if "sexually assault another dude" was on his list - at least he could have ticked that one off...

Moving right along. 5% of #7 was achieved - I watched one of the "Top 20 Comedy Movies of All Time." Animal House. One of the three funniest movies to emerge from the entire 1970s decade. Apparently. What did you think Margaret? I really didn't like it David... I'd give it one star. If I had a picture of poo, I would post it here to describe. Although I did learn that Donald Sutherland was old and really ugly even in 1979. Ironically we also hired The Hangover #2 - not on the list but possibly could join The Hangover Part #1 as an actual contender for funniest 20 movies of all time. 

This week, courtesy of the hugely talented Melanie Townsend of Vanilla Zulu Cooking School I'll be diving into a "Men Behaving Badly" cooking class and in doing so, ticking #9 off my list. Nom nom nom. I reckon I can knock over Adam Gilchrist's book and await Brad Haddin's book "I'm crap at everything but Tim Paine is always injured" which is sure to be a bestseller. Like Animal House.

Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment