Sunday, February 26, 2012

Week #8 Update

I love my job. But I've decided... when it comes time to quit, there's only one way to do it. I'll go on a work-funded trip. Halfway through the trip and in the middle of the night, I'll call a press conference to resign. This will be the first my boss hears about it. When I get back from my trip, I'll call another press conference, tell everyone my boss sucks at his job, tell everyone that I'm better at his job, that I'm better than the guy that does his job at Hogs Breath and the fate of Ribs and Rumps rests with me. Then I'll ask my colleagues to conduct a secret ballot to remove my boss and slot me into his job. That will totally work. I don't wear glasses, but I do have a round face, I'm arrogant, I talk about myself in the third person lots and I like the odd strip club visit, so if one K. Rudd can do it, so can I. However, before any of that happens, I will complete Bucket List Item #12

For the first time, I'm feeling the pressure of not progressing through the list at a fast enough pace. 8 weeks down means that I am 15% through the available time, and with only one item completed so far, I'm only 7% through the list. The maths aint good. But then, like a ray of sunshine from heaven, my skinny bald headed friend Carl Barron (not Joe Tallarida as many of you were thinking) schedules a new round of gigs. Don't get me wrong, if Joe scheduled gigs I would totally go as well. His "Try the veal" bit never gets old. Anyway, I digress. I've searched Google but I can't find the bucket list that Carl Barron has obviously compiled which at Number 11 has "Meet Scott Hamilton." I know that when the moment arrives for us to meet, the connection will be special. Note: Specialness of connection will be inversely proportionate to the size of Carl's security guards.

I know what you're thinking. About me. No not that. That would be fun though. Keep it clean please... this is a G-rated blog. I know what else you're thinking, "One of the best moments of my year slash life will be personally seeing Scott achieve Bucket List Item #11 - Meet Carl Barron - by joining him at the Gold Coast Convention Centre gig at 8pm on Saturday 26 May." It's an awfully precise thought, but both wise and accurate. So if ya wanna convert your thoughts into action (the second thought, not the first one), look at this link - Carl Barron's "Meet Scott Hamilton" Bucket List item achievement opportunity  - and then shoot me a comment here or on Facebook in the next few days and I will co-ordinate a ticket buy. I'm sure some kind of dinner/drink thing will precede the main event. BYO confetti.

More actual progress on the list this week. Part #2 of "The Ref" turned out to be as riveting as Part #1, although Rosy and I elected to stay awake. Otherwise there would have been a Part #3. Then last night we knocked over Caddyshack. Rosy made the observation that Chevy Chase was cute when he was younger. Shame he wasn't funny. When I start to break down these movies by highly precise genre, I can automatically identify funnier movies that the ones on this so-called "Funniest movies of all time" list. Happy Gilmore. Way funnier golfing-related comedy than Caddyshack. American Pie. Way funnier frat house comedy than Animal House. Home Alone. Way funnier B-grade con taking people hostage in their own home movie than The Ref. "Keep the change.... ya filthy animal." Comedy gold (and also potentially a line to be re-used when taking care of Bucket List Item #14).

Until next week...




2 comments: