Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week #9 Update

This week's update is two hours later than expected and slightly angrier. This is less to do with my tardiness and more to do with the Australian Cricket Team's penchant for losing unlosable matches. They tried their darndest. So close boys, but maybe you will choke more epicly in the second final.

This week I jumped back into reading (Bucket List Item #1). When you fly Qantas it pays to be prepared for delayed flights. Two flights. Two delays. I tried to remember the last time I took a Qantas flight that took off on time and landed on time, but my memory turned black and white, so it must have been a while ago. This week's reading project is homework from my boss - a marketing strategy book titled "Blue Ocean Strategy." I don't want to drag down the tone of my blog with boring marketing guff, but basically blah blah blah don't fight with competitors on their terms blah blah blah find your own unique space blah blah blah re-define the market. It's a great read if you're in marketing. If you're not, keep hanging onto the idea that we spend our days drawing pictures, having long lunches, snorting cocaine and playing with our ponytails. Mind you, I'm only about 10% through the book. I might learn other stuff that I'm supposed to be doing yet.

More movie action this week too (Bucket List Item #7). And finally, an actual contender. Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle. Humerous for it's duration, as much for the ridiculous cameos as for the jokes. Neil Patrick Harris playing himself was legend - wait for it - DARY! Interestingly they reckon that NPH won the role of Barney on HIMYM based on his performance in this movie. Enough acronyms for you? Again, funnier movies spring to mind in the "road trip movie" genre. "Road Trip" in fact being one of them and "Euro Trip" also up for consideration. Either of these movies could make the actual funniest Top 20 movies of all time list. "Thelma and Louise" probably won't.

Carl Barron's gigs are selling out fast. He must be funny. Or playing 50 seat venues. I'll buy tickets this week. Let me know by Wednesday if you are keen to join me. The link once more for those playing at home... Carl's Gold Coast gig.

Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment